About this podcast
Economics is everywhere...if only you choose to see it. Join the FEEcast team every Friday for a lively recap of the week's important stories to give you the meaning behind the headlines.
Featuring Richard Lorenc, Brittany Hunter, Dan Sanchez and Marianne March
Produced by Sean W. Malone, Pavel Rusakov, and Jaye Davidson
Peace, Love, and Cultural Appropriation
May 4, 2018
McDonald’s in North Korea? Chinese dresses in Utah? Are such cross-cultural remixes cause for offense or celebration? Is militarism or trade the best answer to tyranny? Is cultural emulation a form of appropriation or appreciation? These questions and more are considered in this lively discussion with the whole FEEcast gang: Richard Lorenc, Brittany Hunter, Dan Sanchez, and Marianne March.
- McDonalds on streets of North Korea: Kim Jong-un wants USA to invest in Pyongyang
- Conscience on the Battlefield | Leonard E. Read
- Want Peace? Promote Free Trade | Julian Adorney
- In North Korea, Black Markets Are Saving Lives | Richard Mason
- Venezuela Proves There is No Political Freedom Without Economic Freedom
- Chinese prom dress draws rage, but Utah student said she meant no harm
- Cultural Appropriation Is Love | TJ Brown
- Cultural Appropriation Is Intellectual Property on Stilts | Pierre-Guy Veer
- How Motown Smashed the Cultural Border | Sean Malone
- What's Wrong With Wakanda?