Applications for the best internship in America opened January 1st and are due March 1st. I started my application the day after it opened in 2014 and interned that same summer. I think you should consider applying for a few reasons:
1) You'd work with a hilarious, sharp-witted, thoughtful, and delightful team on projects that you drive but have a lot of support in doing.
2) You'd get to live in Atlanta, which has a lot to offer: hot weather, friendly people, abundant farmers' markets, museums, historic sites, the Belt Line, and a Trader Joe's with a giant wine aisle.
3) You'd learn about your strengths and weaknesses (and would be able to develop both) in an encouraging and entrepreneurial environment.
4) You'd learn how to manage minute details while keeping an eye on the big picture - a skill that has helped me live my life better.
5) You'd travel the country and be constantly exposed to new places, new people, and new ideas. I visited Clemson, Orange, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Newport Beach, Golden, Denver, and various parts of Georgia.
Did I mention that you'd be paid pretty generously? I lived comfortably and still tucked away enough to make the most of a semester-turned-year abroad.
If you think this could be right for you, start your application this week!