It is no secret that many historians are not friends of the free market. Fortunately, some historians take the time to correct the record by contributing some well researched articles to our publication, The Freeman. The following articles examine not only the deleterious effects of state control and socialism but also how free markets and liberty have always been followed by peace and prosperity.
- Our Economic Past~The Greatest Privitization Ever by Robert Higgs
- Our Economic Past~How U.S. Economic Warfare Provoked Japan’s Attack on Pearl Harbor by Robert Higgs
- Our Economic Past~The Origin of American Farm Subsidies by Burton Folsom Jr.
- The Progressive Income Tax in U.S. History by Burton Folsom Jr.
- Private Highways in America, 1792-1916 by Daniel B. Klein
- Liberty in Perfection: Freedom in Native American Thought by Amy H. Sturgis
- The Political Economy of the U.S. Constitution by Dwight R. Lee
- Our Economic Past~The Great Contraction, 1929-1933 by Robert Higgs
- The Mythology of Roosevelt and the New Deal by Robert Higgs
- The Colonial Origins of American Liberty by Thomas E. Woods Jr.
- What is the American Constitution? by Donald J. Boudreaux
- Slick Construction Under the Articles of Confederation by Joseph R. Stromberg
- Tensions in Early American Political Thought by Joseph R. Stromberg
- Witch Hunt