All Commentary
Monday, June 18, 2012

Google Bombarded with Requests to Suppress Information


“Google has received more than 1,000 requests from authorities to take down content from its search results or YouTube video in the last six months of 2011, the company said on Monday, denouncing what it said was an alarming trend. In its twice-yearly Transparency Report, the world’s largest web search engine said the requests were aimed at having some 12,000 items overall removed, about a quarter more than during the first half of last year.” (Reuters)

Hang in there, Google.

FEE Timely Classic
“Some Thoughts On Censorship” by Edmund A. Opitz