About this podcast
Economics is everywhere...if only you choose to see it. Join the FEEcast team every Friday for a lively recap of the week's important stories to give you the meaning behind the headlines.
Featuring Richard Lorenc, Brittany Hunter, Dan Sanchez and Marianne March
Produced by Sean W. Malone, Pavel Rusakov, and Jaye Davidson
How Socialism Devastated My Country
May 25, 2018
FEEcast welcomes freedom activist Jorge A. Jraissati, a recent émigré to America from Venezuela, which is suffering a horrific economic and humanitarian crisis. In a recent video, HBO’s John Oliver, sitting in a market economy’s lap of luxury, insisted that socialism is not to blame for Venezuela’s plight. But Jraissati, who actually lived through Venezuela’s nightmare, begs to differ. He explains how socialist ideology and big government policies plunged his once-prosperous country into the depths of hunger and chaos.
- Video: One Venezuelan Student’s Heartbreaking Experience with Socialism
- Article: “The Ongoing Implosion of Venezuelan Statism” by Daniel J. Mitchell
- Article: “Socialist Policy Tanked Venezuela's Economy, Not Falling Oil Prices” by Julian Adorney
- Article: “Venezuela’s President Tackles Economic Crisis by Deleting 3 Zeros From its Currency” by Luis Pablo de la Horra
- Article: “Middle-of-the-Road Policy Leads to Socialism” by Ludwig von Mises
- Video: Venezuela: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)