About the Author
Marsha Familaro Enright, B.A. Biology, Northwestern University,
M.A. Psychology, New School University
Marsha is an educational entrepreneur, writer, and speaker; her accomplishments include:
• Founder and president of The Reason, Individualism, Freedom Institute (RIFI), sponsoring
• The Great Connections seminars, 2009 - present, with one-week and weekend versions of the RIFI college curriculum, currently held in Chicago and Buenos Aires, www.thegreatconnections.org.
• Founded Council Oak Montessori School, named a top private elementary school by Chicago Magazine, www.counciloakmontessori.org
• Founded and leads The New Intellectual Forum philosophy discussion club, Chicago, 1988 – present
• Author of “Liberating Education,” the last chapter in Common Ground on Common Core, from Resounding Books.
• Editor of Ayn Rand Explained: From Tyranny to Tea Party
• Writer of numerous articles on psychology, neuropsychology, human development, creativity and optimal experience, literature, culture, history, politics and philosophy, in The Journal of Ayn Rand Studies, Objectivity, The New Individualist, The Daily Caller, Real Clear Politics, Tomorrow’s Child, and Free Voices, available at her writing website, www.fountainheadinstitute.com.
• Advisory Board of the Atlas Society, Texas Millenial Institute.
• Member, North American Montessori Teachers’ Association, American Montessori Society
Marsha resides in Chicago with her husband, John, a computer consultant, playwright, poet, and novelist, where they raised their two children, John, an algorithm designer and research scientist for Amazon Robotics, and, Felicia, a business consultant.