Escaping Communism (with Young America's Foundation)
The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) and Young America's Foundation (YAF) are partnering to bring a two-day high school program that will give students insights into the destructive history of communist governments and the contrasting harmony of free enterprise.
Today, young people are taught that socialism and communism are humanistic, compassionate forms of societal organization, and that free markets are oppressive and cause mass suffering and poverty. However, the lived experience of communist government survivors demonstrates otherwise.
Throughout this program, students will hear from some of the brightest minds and survivors from communist countries, be inspired by their stories and insights, meet like-minded peers from across the country, and have the opportunity to tour Rancho del Cielo, Ronald Reagan’s “Western White House” and home of 25 years.
- Learn from top leaders about how to champion your principles at your school & beyond!
- Walk in President Reagan’s footsteps at Rancho del Cielo
- Meet and network with like-minded students and participate in discussion with fellow students
- Receive valuable resource materials
- Improve your critical thinking and debate skills
- Become a young leader and advocate for free markets and individual liberty!
This educational program will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, December 3rd and will conclude on Saturday, December 4th at 4:00 p.m.
The conference fee of $30 includes one night in a hotel, conference materials, transportation during the program, and meals from Friday dinner through Saturday lunch.