Economics of Prosperity & Innovation - Austin
We live in a world made better by those who innovate. During this 3-day seminar at St. Edward's University (for ages 14-17), you'll explore how economics and the entrepreneurial mindset can help you better understand the world around you and experience self-discovery no matter what career path you take.
If that's not enough, you'll also:
- Gain practical and critical thinking skills that you can apply to every day life
- Take part in fun activities on an actual college campus including themed socials, Scavenger Hunt and Seminar Olympics
- Make new friends and connect with students who are just as curious and driven to get ahead
- Interact with dynamic speakers and learn how to confidently express your ideas during discussion sessions
- Earn a Certificate of Completion and have a memorable experience that you can add to your college applications or resume
We are no longer accepting applications for this seminar. To receive updates about 2018 seminar applications, sign up below.
What Kind of World do you Want to Live In? (Jared Meyer)
Pre-Seminar Content Review
Ice Cream Social
How Economics Helps you Understand the World (Michael Clark)
Rules for Success (Matt Mitchell)
Trading Game Activity
In the Market for Prosperity (Jared Meyer)
Thinking About the Tough Issues (Matt Mitchell)
The Economics of Politics (Michael Clark)
Good Intentions or Good Results? (Matt Mitchell)
Econ in One Lesson Reading Discussion
Virtues of Entrepreneurship (Jared Meyer)
Role of the Entrepreneur (Guest lecturer)
Prep for Faculty Q&A
How You Can Create Prosperity (Michael Clark)
Closing Remarks & Seminar Olympics Awards
You should plan to arrive at St. Edward's University (3001 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704) no later than 3:30 pm on Tuesday, July 25th, and all participants are required to depart by 12:00 pm on - Friday, July 28th.
Plan to fly into Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS). St. Edward’s University is about 12 minutes from the airport, and FEE will provide a shuttle for you to campus on arrival day and back to the airport on departure day.
Please choose a flight that arrives before 2:00 pm on - Tuesday, July 25th and a flight that departs after 9:30 am on Friday, July 28th.
You will be staying in a double occupancy dorm room and will share a bathroom with your roommate. Please bring any toiletries (shampoo, body wash, toothbrush, etc.) needed. Linens are provided, including a pillow, pillowcase, fitted sheet, flat sheet, blanket and towel.