Job Title: Out of Frame Social Media Intern
Internship Term: Dec. 1st, 2020 - March 31st, 2021
About FEE: The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is an educational non-profit whose mission is to inspire, educate, and connect future leaders with the economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society. These principles include individual liberty, free-market economics, entrepreneurship, private property, high moral character, and limited government. FEE has been trusted by parents and teachers since 1946 to captivate and inspire tomorrow’s leaders with top-rated in-person seminars, resources for classrooms, and perspectives on relevant and worldly topics.
About the Role: FEE’s Out of Frame Social Media Intern is responsible for creating and distributing content on all Out of Frame social accounts as well as fostering a growing community on all of those platforms. A successful Out of Frame Social Media Intern will be detail oriented and driven to produce outstanding content that will help grow our Out of Frame social platforms as well as continue to experiment with different types of content and formats.
- Work with the Senior Digital Marketing Manager and Product Owners to build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize Out of Frame pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the product’s social content.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players, and coordinate actions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and an appreciation for FEE and the principles it espouses.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in social media marketing.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills.
- Social networking experience and some social analytics tools knowledge.
- Knowledge of online marketing and a good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, detail and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Fluency in English.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position, your relevant experience.
Applications should be submitted to FEE’s Creative Director Sean Malone at [email protected].