Location: Remote, Part-time
Expected Start Date: May 2021
The Program Intern will help create and execute immersive, fun, and educational events for FEE’s various 14-26 year-old audiences. This is an opportunity for the ideal candidate to combine a love of the ideas of a free society with a passion for designing and implementing extraordinary customer experiences. This position reports to the Program Manager, Michelle Prado.
This position will be working with a small group on our FEE in the Classroom products. FEE in the Classroom is the portion of our company that interacts directly with students, either via webinars and programs or classroom resources and lesson plans. Our programs are intended for high school and college students and cover the following areas: Entrepreneurship, Personal Finance, Economics and Government, and U.S. History. This role will primarily focus on the execution of webinars and programs, but may assist in other areas of FEE in the Classroom as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the design of the FEE customer experience from beginning to end for FEE seminars and 1-day programs:
- Explain the details of our webinars and programs to potential new customers
- Oversee program logistics, such as the seminar schedule, curriculum, speaker selection, and online platform registration.
- Assist with the implementation of event feedback
- Ensure high satisfaction among customers and identify areas of improvement if/when negative feedback is received.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with speakers and customers to ensure high levels of satisfaction and successful completion of the programs
- Ensure our educational content meets the standards for a 501(c)3 and would appeal to all teachers, regardless of their political identity.
- Assist in the management of existing customer relationships:
- Maintain accurate reporting in Salesforce and encourage existing leads and accounts to book programs
- Assist with content creation for the Facebook page to maintain consistency of output and gain new followers
- Help draft emails to retarget accounts and show our appreciation to our faculty
- Assist with the distribution of classroom resources
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Related experience in customer service, event planning, and/or summer camps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer service skills, public speaking skills preferred
- Experience working with word processing, spreadsheet, and customer relationship management (CRM) technology (strongly preferred, but not required)
- Experience organizing and juggling multiple priorities while keeping everything on track and maintaining a careful attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision
- A proactive, entrepreneurial spirit to improve existing programs
- A collaborative personality, unafraid of challenge
- An unwavering commitment to the mission and principles of FEE