Job Title: Social Media Manager – Revolution of One
Location: Norcross, GA - (Hybrid Remote)
If you’re a tech-savvy creative looking for a career in social media, this role is for you! You’ll join a dynamic social media team of content creators at all levels. This is a great résumé builder with opportunities for skill development, creative experimentation, leadership, project management, data analysis, and much more.
Revolution of One is a digital brand that empowers individuals to discover and develop their sense of personal freedom. We’re a sub-brand under the Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) umbrella, a think tank that teaches economics to high school students. We created Revolution of One to serve a growing demographic of young African Americans that organizations in pro-liberty spaces have traditionally underserved. We fulfill our mission through messages of empowerment, entrepreneurship, and cultural innovation. We distribute these messages primarily through our social media channels and in conjunction with several of our online partners. Additionally, Revolution of One hosts student programs to teach high school students the power of entrepreneurial thinking, value creation, and personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The Social Media Manager is responsible for managing content output across our various social media platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. The Social Media Manager will also be responsible for devising strategies, creative directing, creating content, copywriting, and making data-driven decisions.
While Revolution of One has an existing presence on all aforementioned social media channels, we’re looking for someone to help us fast-track growth on the video-dominant platforms. The main objectives for this role are to grow the Revolution of One audience, increase brand reach and cumulative video views, and bolster engagement. The person who occupies this role will be joining an existing team of content creators and will need to quickly learn our current processes and look for ways to optimize them.
Additionally, the Social Media Manager should accurately understand the interests, worldview, and cultural nuances of our target demographic; independent-minded, African American success-seekers, ages 16–24. To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will need to focus on creating engaging content that strikes a chord with the intended audience and does so in a way that’s aligned with our brand’s tone and mission.
- Create and manage content schedules
- Write captions
- Reply to comments
- Respond to DMs
- Coordinate with our social media content creators on content scheduling and creation
- Organize giveaways
- Run social media paid ads
- Compose analytic reports
- Participate in team meetings
- Participate in annual planning and strategy
- Knowledge and appreciation for FEE and the principles it espouses
- Familiarity with Revolution of One content
- Understanding and ability to appeal to the interests of young people
- Excellent editing (photo/video/text) and visual presentation skills
- Proficient in Adobe creative suite or equivalent programs
- Demonstrated experience in social media platform growth
- Knowledge of online marketing and keen understanding of major marketing channels
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ultra-communicative with a positive attitude
- Good at multitasking and time management
- Superb organizational abilities
- Fluency in English
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
Cover letter detailing your interest in this position, your relevant experience.
Applications should be submitted to Rev1’s Product Manager Kamau Olatunji at [email protected]