Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Foundation for Economic Education (FEE)
The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is a global, non-profit leader in the mission to introduce young “newcomers” to the economic, legal, and ethical principles of a free society. FEE produces student seminars, classroom resources, video media, and engaging online content in an effort to reach, educate, and inspire young newcomers with the freedom philosophy.
FEE is a dynamic, fast-growing, and innovative organization with a young, high-energy, enthusiastic, collaborative work environment based in midtown Atlanta. For individuals interested in opening the minds of young people to free-market ideas, FEE is a fulfilling and exciting place to work.
About the Position
FEE is seeking to fill the position of Manager, Strategic Partnerships, a position at FEE that will manage a portfolio of major donors, both individuals and foundations. This position will also play a supporting role with FEE’s donor events and donor-focused marketing.
This role will report directly to FEE’s Director of Development and Executive Vice President, and will work closely with FEE’s marketing team, senior staff, development consultant, and president
The Manager, Strategic Partnerships will be a critical component to the continued expansion and success of FEE’s fundraising program, which has experienced sustained, aggressive revenue growth for several years.
Specific duties include the following, much of which is completed in collaboration with the director of development, development consultant, and various FEE departments:
- Major Gifts (80% of time)
- Manage a portfolio of 100-120 active, lapsed, and prospective major donors.
- Manage all aspects of the gift cycle for assigned donors.
- Develop and implement appropriate cultivation strategies for assigned donors.
- Meet with donors over the phone, at conferences, and in one-on-one meetings.
- Work collaboratively with other development staff to understand FEE’s donors, craft solicitation pitches and design gift cycle strategies.
- Coordinate and attend meetings that include FEE President (or other senior staff) with major donors, prospects, and foundation representatives.
- As needed, craft grant proposals and grant reports for assigned major donors.
- Represent FEE at conferences, seminars, and other events.
- Annual Fund (20% of time)
- As needed, coordinate with FEE’s marketing team on digital marketing efforts related to donors, such as FEE.org pop-ups, year-end email campaigns, social media fundraising, and more.
- Assist with FEE’s quarterly donor newsletter, Notes from FEE, and monthly donor email from the president, primarily focusing on guiding the strategic direction and focus of these communications.
- Assist with development of FEE’s annual report, primarily focusing on guiding the strategic direction and focus of the annual report.
Location and Travel
FEE’s strong preference is to have a Manager, Strategic Partnerships based in FEE’s midtown Atlanta office. For truly exceptional candidates, FEE may consider virtual/remote work.
The Manager, Strategic Partnerships may need to travel up to 50-60 percent of the time, depending on the time of year and donor caseload needs.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of relevant experience. However, FEE will consider candidates with less experience who are eager to learn and have exceptional organizational and project management skills.
FEE has a small, dedicated development team, so the successful candidate will be flexible and ready to “pitch in” with any development-related work. The ideal candidate can successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, has a high degree of personal initiative, is meticulous in his/her work, possesses superb organizational skills, and has excellent writing skills.
Ultimately, the Manager, Strategic Partnerships must possess a strong passion for FEE’s mission and an unwavering commitment to free-market economics and individual liberty.
The salary for the Manager, Strategic Partnerships salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. FEE also offers competitive benefits, including: health, dental, and vision insurance; term life insurance; disability insurance; a very generous healthcare reimbursement program; 401(k) employer match; and, paid time-off.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your full name in the file name:
- Cover letter (include salary requirements and location preference)
- Relevant writing sample
Please include “Manager, Strategic Partnerships , FEE–[Your Name]” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Justin Streiff, Director of Development, who is leading the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.