- Demonstrated experience translating nuanced ideas to high-level parties in a persuasive manner
- Excellent speaking, pitching/presentation, and writing skills
- Willingness to travel up to 40% for donor meetings
- The ability to manage multiple projects and meet assignment deadlines in a busy environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational capability
- Excellent verbal communication skills, both in person and remotely
- Familiarity with FEE priorities; a keen interest in supporting and extending this work
- Cultivate long-term relationships with a caseload of 100 major donors and prospects
- Solicit gifts above $5,000 to maximize FEE’s mission and programs and the philanthropic goals of the donors
- Build strategies to upgrade giving from existing major gift donors and prospects through in-person meetings, proposals, mailings, phone contact, and events
- Manage and execute stewardship plans for donors’ giving
- Enthusiastically communicate FEE’s mission and goals to foster long-term partnerships
- Maintain a focus on the FEE donor experience and provide top-notch customer service to donors
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- 3+ years in fundraising or development
- Strong relationship-building skills and an outgoing, friendly personality
- Desire to learn additional fundraising techniques such as planned giving, grant writing, and stewardship
- Attention to detail, follow-up, and follow-through
- Excellent written and oral communications and time management skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Since its founding in 1946, FEE has dedicated itself to making the fundamental economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society both accessible and compelling to a general audience. Since 2008, we have put a particular emphasis on youth audiences.
- It is important for all staff at FEE to be personally aligned with the values that we teach. More detailed information may be found at https://fee.org/about.
- FEE is headquartered in Atlanta, although this job may be performed remotely.
- Interested candidates should submit a single PDF document containing (i) your resume and (ii) a cover letter explaining your interest in and suitability for the position.
- The PDF should be sent to Peaches Griffin at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.