The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is an educational non-profit whose mission is to inspire, educate, and connect the rising generations with the economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society. These principles include: free enterprise, individual liberty, limited government, entrepreneurship, and high moral character. Since 1946, FEE has captivated, inspired, and equipped tomorrow’s leaders to be champions for these principles through top-rated in-person and virtual workshops, compelling online media, educator resources, and written perspectives on relevant and timely topics.
FEE seeks a junior graphic designer capable of understanding and advancing our design language and branding, as well as be responsible for creating flyers, rack cards, social/promotional graphics, icons, environmental graphics, ebook covers, and more. The junior designer will also be expected to understand creative briefs and brand guides, and quickly adapt to FEE’s visual tone. The designer in this role will report directly to FEE’s senior graphic design associate or creative director.
- Translate concepts into compelling designs consistent with FEE’s brand language.
- Create aesthetically-pleasing user interfaces based on UX wireframes
- Design flyers, rack cards, social/promotional graphics, icons, environmental graphics, ebook covers, and more!
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Three or more years of graphic design experience.
- Proficiency in standard design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and XD. (Ability to generate original illustrations and/or motion graphics is a plus).
- Ability to understand brand requirements and generate original designs consistent with FEE’s design language and tone.
- Ability to work with creative briefs and create designs that meet stakeholder needs and vision.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to the team and stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of the importance of human-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Willingness to learn new skills and software.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders.
- Be passionate about resolving complex problems through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things design. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Please send a resume and portfolio of your work addressed to Tim Webster at [email protected].
- Behance, Dribbble, Vimeo, and other social media links
- A cover letter detailing your interest in this position/the mission of FEE, and your relevant design experience.