Job Title: Development Associate Internship
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is an educational non-profit whose mission is to inspire, educate, and connect future leaders with the economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society. These principles include: individual liberty, free-market economics, entrepreneurship, private property, high moral character, and limited government. FEE has been trusted by parents and teachers since 1946 to captivate and inspire tomorrow’s leaders with top-rated in-person seminars, resources for classrooms, and perspectives on relevant and worldly topics.
About the Role:
The Development Associate will assist in FEE's fundraising efforts to identify, cultivate, and solicit financial backing from individuals and foundations who support the ideas of liberty and the work of FEE.
This is an opportunity for the ideal candidate to combine a love of the ideas of a free society with the desire to learn the day-to-day work of nonprofit fundraising. This position reports to Development Manager, Aaron Brown. This is a paid internship in Atlanta, GA.
- Keep FEE’s fundraising database up-to-date and accurate
- Assist in donor prospect research
- Assist in developing and sending donor communications
- Provide in-office support for development officers
- Represent FEE at events (as needed)
- Perform other tasks and special projects to assist the Director of Development and the development team
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Very careful attention to detail
- A commitment to and focus on customer/donor service
- Utmost professionalism, particularly when interacting with donors
- Self-motivation and good time management
- A collaborative personality and is unafraid of challenge
- Integrity in all speech and action
- Skilled in Microsoft suite; specifically Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Passion for FEE’s mission and commitment to FEE’s team values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect, Accountability, Creativity, and Courage.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position/the mission of FEE, your relevant experience
Applications and questions should be submitted to: [email protected]