FEE is an educational non-profit whose mission is to inspire, educate, and connect future leaders with the economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society. These principles include individual liberty, free-market economics, entrepreneurship, private property, high moral character, and limited government. FEE has been trusted by parents and teachers for over 75 years to captivate and inspire tomorrow’s leaders with top-rated in-person seminars, resources for classrooms, and perspectives on relevant and worldly topics.
About the Role
We are seeking an assistant video editor to work with our team, helping our editor to create amazing original video content and live streams primarily for our Out of Frame series, and other projects as needed.
This is a full-time remote or Atlanta, GA-based position, where you will work closely with FEE’s Creative Director and Creator of Out of Frame, Sean W. Malone and Michael Ozias, editor for the Out of Frame video essay series, along with our Sr. Marketing Manager, Sr. Scrum Manager and other members of the creative media & marketing team in order to produce top-quality, entertaining, and educational content for YouTube and other social networks.
This role primarily involves supporting the Editor by researching and acquiring relevant video clips, articles, and images to be used in Out of Frame episodes and also creating accurate subtitles and supertitles.
To be successful in this role, you should have an excellent understanding of popular culture, focusing on movie & TV references; an understanding of file formats and media types; a basic understanding of Adobe Premiere and After Effects; incredible attention to detail; and an inquisitive, curious attitude.
The successful candidate must be able to create work that fits within FEE’s branding and style guidelines, fit the established tone of Out of Frame and other FEE shows, and which meets consistent release deadlines. Our Associate Producer and Sr. Graphic Designer will work closely with you to provide you with any assets needed, and any other assistance to ensure your success in this position.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. FEE offers a full suite of employee benefits, including health insurance and 401k retirement plan.
- Assist Out of Frame’s Editor to create video content for YouTube and social media
- Assist Out of Frame creator / FEE Creative Director, Sean W. Malone complete and distribute Out of Frame episodes
You will work full time and participate in weekly meetings with our Creative Director and the rest of the Creative Media & Marketing Team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong Google / online research skills
- Basic familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere, Audition, and After Effects.
- Solid understanding of the audio & video editing process
- Familiarity with content creation for YouTube and other social networks
- Love and appreciation for pop culture and memes
- Impeccable timing and rhythm in video editing
- Understanding of design principles
- Experience working with clients to meet deadlines
Please send a resume and portfolio of your work to [email protected].