Founded in 1946, the Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is the leader in inspiring students with the economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society.
As described in detail in our 2021 annual report, we do so through six distinct program offerings: online commentary, video production, student programs, classroom resources, FEE en Español, and Revolution of One.
In the past two years, the impact of our programs has grown dramatically, our operating budget has increased from $5.0 million to $7.2 million, and our headcount has grown to 45 professionals.
About the Job
We are seeking an Accounting and Analytics Assistant to support the aggressive growth of our programs by working on business intelligence, financial control, and success measurement.
This is an entry-level position that will enable you to master data and analytics platforms that are widely used throughout the nonprofit sector and the business world alike:
- Salesforce for relationship management and revenue analysis,
- Quickbooks for financial control and expense analysis,
- Pardot for digital marketing,
- Tableau for data visualization,
- Sprout and Parse.ly for online traffic insights, and the analytic tools provided by Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and so on.
You will work closely with our Controller, our Data & Analytics Manager, and our Data & Analytics Associate to produce top-quality financial and operating analyses for the President, the COO, our Development and External Relations teams, and each of our six programs teams. Your reports will be a key focus of our weekly all-staff meetings.
You will be directly involved with the following responsibilities of the team. Your level of responsibility will be as much as you demonstrate you are capable of handling.
- Gather business intelligence across all platforms
- Compile and evaluate internal performance measures
- Maintain data integrity
- Manage vendors and accounts payable platform
- Manage the online store and related inventory
- Assist with month-end close activities and annual audit
- Compile quarterly performance and financial reports for review with each of the six programs teams
- Prepare lists and uploads for digital marketing campaigns
- Perform marketing tests
- Manage our online platforms: control access, learn new features, educate users, address security issues, and so on
- Perform ad hoc analyses and create tools to empower users to do so on a self-service basis
To be successful, the qualities you will need to bring to the job are personal alignment with FEE’s mission, solid quantitative intuition, some familiarity with databases and analytic software, and a keen desire to learn more. Prior experience with accounting or digital marketing is a plus but is not required.
The position is based in FEE’s Atlanta office. Hybrid work schedules (alternating days working from the office and from home) can be accommodated.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume, together with a few comments about your interest in FEE’s mission and your qualifications for the position, to [email protected].
This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.