Web Design Internship
Expected Start Date: Negotiable
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is an educational non-profit whose mission is to inspire, educate, and connect future leaders with the economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society. These principles include individual liberty, free-market economics, entrepreneurship, private property, high moral character, and limited government. FEE has been trusted by parents and teachers since 1946 to captivate and inspire tomorrow’s leaders with top-rated in-person seminars, resources for classrooms, and perspectives on relevant and worldly topics.
About the Role
We are looking for a Web Design Intern with some front-end developer experience. Your primary duties will be to create user-friendly, responsive and visually striking web page layouts, in line with our organizational branding. This includes user interface prototyping, interaction design, wireframes in Adobe XD, and HTML/CSS implementation.
You will participate in sprints as a full-time member of the scrum team. You will develop your front-end development skills while working with our web developer and Director of Technology, and your graphic design skills with our senior graphic designer and Director of Media.
To be successful in this role, you should have some experience in visual design skills, user experience and experience with design prototyping solutions using software such as Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
Both part-time and full-time commitments are possible, but you must participate in scrum meetings and make weekly work commitments. If you are a student, we will try to work within your class schedule.
- Participate in sprints as a full-time member of the marketing/technology scrum team.
- Produce wireframes, sitemaps, interaction flows, desktop & mobile layouts in Adobe XD.
- Prepare user-friendly designs for desktop, mobile web, apps, and landing pages in Adobe XD.
- Work from completed Adobe XD designs, code style HTML templates for mobile and desktop.
- Work with the senior designer on completing graphic designs from wireframes and our web developer on creating static HTML/CSS templates and integrating them into our content management system.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in graphic design or prototyping software including Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or other visual design tools.
- Great understanding of design principles, typography, and colors.
- Some experience in front-end development web programming languages such as HTML and CSS.
- You should be willing to work closely with the scrum team on writing design specifications and be accountable for weekly commitments.
- $1,500 per month stipend (negotiable)
- Transportation assistance to the office each day
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Portfolio of your past work
- (Optional) Cover letter detailing your interest in this position/the mission of FEE, your relevant marketing experience, and salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to FEE’s Director of Technology David Veksler at [email protected]