Title: Editorial Intern
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is currently accepting applications for a full-time paid internship position with our Editorial Team in our home office in Atlanta, GA. This position does require you to be on location in Atlanta. FEE's mission is to inspire, educate, and connect future leaders with the economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society. These principles include: individual liberty, free-market economics, entrepreneurship, private property, high moral character, and limited government.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Editing article submissions for grammar, punctuation, and brand-appropriate tone
- Inputting articles and authors into our content management software (Umbraco)
- Packaging articles with compelling titles and featured images
The ideal applicant will possess the following:
- Hard-working, proactive, creative, and eager to learn
- Passion for free-market ideas and the principles of individual liberty
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Strong attention to detail
- 18 years of age or older
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style is preferred but not required
FEE is a dynamic non-profit with a customer-minded, entrepreneurial outlook. Our daily written content published on FEE.org is our most-seen product. As a member of the FEE Editorial Team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our written content is thoughtful, engaging, and brand-compliant. While we take this responsibility seriously, we are also a deeply social and collaborative team. The ideal candidate will be not only passionate about the written word and the freedom philosophy, but also be able to work with such an integrated team.
If this sounds like you, please send the following in Word, Gdoc, or PDF format to Dan Sanchez, Director of Content at [email protected] No phone calls, please.
- Cover letter describing your unique qualifications
- A writing sample