The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is an educational non-profit whose mission is to inspire, educate, and connect future leaders with the economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society. These principles include: individual liberty, free-market economics, entrepreneurship, private property, high moral character, and limited government. FEE has been trusted by parents and teachers since 1946 to captivate and inspire tomorrow’s leaders with top-rated in-person seminars, resources for classrooms, and perspectives on relevant and worldly topics.
About the Role
For over 60 years, FEE has been the freedom movement’s leader in life-changing, educational seminars for high school and college students. In recent years, FEE has experienced over 300% growth in demand for our student programs. We expect to reach more than 30,000 students by the end of 2021 through over 400 seminars at schools and university campuses nationwide on free markets, individual liberty, and strong character. Additionally, our annual conference in Atlanta, FEEcon, attracts 800 students, influencers, entrepreneurs and donors for an unforgettable three-day event.
We are looking for a dedicated and motivating team leader to oversee the vision and execution of our expanding portfolio of high-impact, immersive in-person events for FEE’s 14-26 year-old audiences. Our ideal candidate combines a passion for the ideas of a free society with a talent for designing, planning, and executing extraordinary student programs.
He/she will be comfortable managing daily tasks of event planning and execution, coordinating directly with our faculty and partners, managing a team of junior staff and interns, and working with FEE’s leadership to set the long-term strategy for FEE’s portfolio of in-person programs.
This is a full-time position based in Atlanta, reporting to the Vice President of Programs & Strategic Operations.
Objectives of this Role
- Identify Programs strategies and tactics to meet FEE’s goals for rapidly expanding the reach and impact of our high school and college programs.
- Lead the execution of in-person programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration between all FEE teams such as Marketing, Media, and Fundraising.
- Create more effective program experiences to accelerate our customers’ journey from “newcomer” to deeper engagement with FEE.
- Manage FEE’s in-person educational events for high school and college students, including both 3-day summer seminars and 1-day programs during the academic school year.
- Plan and conduct FEE’s high school and college educational seminars with other Programs staff.
- Many FEE programs leverage partnerships and FEE faculty that do not require FEE staff to be present onsite.
- This position will require travel to approximately 15-20 programs each year, many on college campuses with dorm housing.
- Design and follow Program budgets, success measures, and goals
- Establish team roles and structure, assess group talent needs, and recruit additional staff (including interns) as needed.
- Supervise and mentor department staff on reaching project goals and developing. professional skills, delivering feedback through reviews and other means as needed
- Develop and steward programs-related fundraising relationships, reporting to funders on progress and goals.
- Identify and experiment on new program design and partnership opportunities.
- Measure and report on Programs impact and effectiveness.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including program design, program or event implementation, and reporting.
- Experience working with students and faculty in designing and executing educational events
- Exceptional project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Skilled in Microsoft suite; specific familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Customer-service mindset with ability to connect with our student audiences, faculty, partners, and donors
- Problem-solving approach to challenges, with ability to remain poised under pressure
- Entrepreneurial spirit to improve existing programs
- Passion for FEE’s mission
Email cover letter and resume to Jason Riddle ([email protected]). The subject line of your email must be in the following format: [Director of Programs - Resume from LastName, FirstName]. No phone calls, please. Candidates who do not follow these instructions will not be considered.