The Arena K.O. is FEE’s series of live online debates available for viewing anywhere in the world. These one-hour debates feature experts on a variety of topics–from immigration to drug policy to the role of government in the arts–and will be staged before a live student audience at each of FEE’s 10 Summer Seminars
. These debates are being supported by the generosity of the Arthur N. Rupe Foundation.
Saturday, June 7 at 12:45pm ET
Resolved: “A free market is the most effective poverty-fighting program.”
- Professor of Economics at Mount Olive College
- Assistant English Professor in the Department of English at the University of Texas/Austin
Wednesday, June 11 at 11:45am ET
Resolved: “Income inequality in a free market is natural and productive.”
- Author of Superwealth and director of content at FEE
- Assistant English Professor in the Department of English at the University of Texas/Austin.
Thursday, June 19 at 6:45pm ET
Resolved: “Government is necessary for the protection of property rights and provision of some public goods."
- Associate professor of economics at Duquesne University and Mercatus Affiliated Senior Scholar at George Mason University.
Patrick A. McLaughlin
- Senior Research Fellow at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, where he co-founded RegData.
Wednesday, June 25 at 1:45pm ET
Resolved: “Technology makes us freer.”
Albert Lu - WB Wealth Management.
Wednesday, July 16 12:45pm ET
Resolved: “Legalizing marijuana saves money and lives.”
- Director of the Drug Policy Institute and author of Reefer Sanity
Judge James P. Gray
- Representative from Law Enforcement Against Prohibition and the author of the book Why Our Drug Laws Have Failed And What We Can Do
Sunday, July 20 at 12:45pm ET
Resolved: “Territorial borders should open and unrestricted allowing for the free movement of people.”
- Assistant Professor of Strategy, Economics, Ethics, and Public Policy at Georgetown University
- Research Associate, Homeland Security and Cybersecurity
Wednesday, July 23 at 3:35pm ET
Resolved: “Regulated markets are necessary and beneficial to a healthy society.”
Dr. Peter Lindsay - Associate Professor of Political Science and Philosophy at Georgia State University
Dr. Paul Cwik - Professor of Economics at Mount Olive College
Friday, July 25 at 10:45 am ET
Resolved: “The best way to spark artistic innovation and make art accessible is to let people choose to pay for it."
Tuesday, July 29 at 3:35pm ET
Resolved: “It would be beneficial for the United States to end the Federal Reserve.”
- Economics, History, and American Government teacher
- Associate Professor of Economics at Stonehill College in Easton, MA
Sunday, August 3 at 10:45am ET
Resolved: "A free market in labor makes both the native population richer and reduces poverty worldwide.”
- Director of the Free Market Institute, Texas Tech University
- VP of Foreign and Defense Policy studies, Heritage Foundation