How YOU Can Be Involved with FEE
OCTOBER 21, 2013 by LAWRENCE W. REED
With increasing frequency, I receive phone calls, letters, and emails asking, “How can I get involved with FEE?” It’s gratifying to hear from friends who want to assist us in some way and it’s a testimony to the value of what we do. Right up front, I want to say a hearty THANK YOU to all who ask to help. I hope you’ll take me up on one or more of the suggestions here.
Depending on where you are and what your age, interests, and capabilities are, many opportunities for involvement are available. You can partner with FEE in one or more of the following ways:
- Consider hosting a reception in your home or at your business, to introduce friends to FEE and hear a FEE speaker. If you’re interested, please let us know at FEEnearME@FEE.org.
- Purchase a one-year gift subscription ($50) to our magazine, The Freeman, for one or more friends. They’ll receive the hard copy in the regular mail 10 times a year.
- Order FEE publications for distribution at events or to your friends, one at a time.
- Attend a FEE event in your area. Consult the Events page of our website often to see when we’ll be in your state or region.
- Sign up for our free weekday “In Brief” e-newsletter.
- If you’re a student, apply to attend one of our FEE Summer Seminars and tell other students about them. If you’re a parent, send your high school- or college-age son or daughter to one, and recommend that other parents you know do the same.
- Visit our website, www.FEE.org, often (new content is added every weekday) and email links to articles to friends you think would be interested. Consider FEE.org as a premiere resource for decades of commentary and articles, most of which are as relevant and useful today as when they were first published.
- Connect with us via social media—Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+, and LinkedIn.
- Do you know of an optimistic, enthusiastic, positive speaker on liberty, free markets, and entrepreneurship, or of a new technology that is changing the world? Let us know at support@FEE.org.
- Watch FEE videos online and share them with your friends.
- Sign up for a FEE webinar and encourage others to do the same.
- Recommend our online Education Modules to parents and teachers.
- Support FEE financially. You may think that writing a check today is the only option in this regard but there are others. Remember us in your annual giving and legacy planning, and consider a making a gift of appreciated stock for the cause of freedom.
- Refer us to someone (or a business or a foundation) that you think would welcome an opportunity to learn more about FEE and might wish to support us. If there is someone you would be willing to help introduce us to, please let us know at support@FEE.org.
- Mention us in conversations. When you’re talking to someone about economics, history, or current issues, ask them, “Have you thought of FEE as a resource? They’ve got a fantastic webpage with a good search engine. I’ll bet you can find what you’re looking for there.”
As you undoubtedly know, the Foundation for Economic Education relies entirely upon the voluntary (and tax deductible) contributions of individuals, foundations, and businesses who share our principles of liberty, private property, limited government, free markets, and personal character. We neither seek, nor would we accept even if our very survival somehow depended on it, any funding from any level of government. What an unforgiveable transgression against our principles it would be to take even a nickel from that direction! The funding that comes our way must always spring from the willing hearts (and wallets) of supporters. If the day ever comes when liberty requires a government grant, we’ll all be in pretty sad shape. So if No. 13 caught your attention, please know that contributions are what make everything else possible!
Many thanks for choosing to help FEE and the inspiring message of freedom!