The Society for the Development of Austrian Economics (SDAE) has announced that nominations for the 2013 FEE Awards are now open. The prestigious awards, sponsored by FEE, are given annually for best book and best article in Austrian economics. Some of the previous winners of these awards have been Peter Boettke, David Prychitko, Emily Chamlee-Wright, Edward Stringham, and Todd Zywicki.
To be considered for 2013 FEE Awards, nominations must meet the following criteria:
1. Nominated authors must be members in good standing with the SDAE (check the Society’s website for information on how to join).
2. The books and articles nominated must have been published between January 1, 2011, and August 31, 2013.
3. Nominated articles should be emailed as an attachment or as a URL to the article to Virgil Storr (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Nominations for the book prize should include the title and all other relevant information (publisher, date of publication, ISBN) and be sent to the above email address. Those nominating books need not send copies. Edited volumes and short monographs are not eligible for the award.
5. All nominations must be received by Virgil Storr no later than October 21, 2013.
6. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Each prize comes with a cash award of $500 and a commemorative plaque, both provided by FEE. Recipients will be required to submit a short blog post on their winning book or article, which will be posted on the FEE website. Winners will be announced at the annual banquet of the SDAE, to be held this year in Tampa, Fla., in conjunction with the Southern Economic Association meetings on November 23–25, 2013. The SDAE dinner will be held on Sunday, November 24.
Questions may be directed to Virgil Storr.